Is life too short for to work a 9 to 5 job? Is this why the 9 to 5 job trend is dying each day? As the world is changing and expanding day by day, survival skills in terms of the job market are also changing daily on a loop. These days, people refuse to depend on other organizational sectors or companies and prefer to indulge in self-made businesses rather than jobs with fixed working hours and weekly leaves that do not suit everyone.
Well in this article, we will discuss all about 9 to 5 jobs, should the idea be abandoned, and other types of jobs available. Let’s begin.
The modern 9 to 5 job market
Firstly, getting a job in this modern day is challenging. There are years of hard work, patience, and dedication required in getting a professional job.
A 9-to-5 job is considered a traditional job as we live in a world where people consider this a more ideal job which provides a stable income every month. But this job also gives the required reality checks. A regular routine job is tough to handle, yet people still prefer this way of life.
Why do people hate working a 9 to 5 job?
Truthfully, the job is not itself the problem. Rather, the factors that affect us and our personal growth are the main problem.
Here are some reasons why everyone hates a 9 to 5 job:
1. A 9 to 5 job can suck away one’s freedom. It makes you stick to schedules, deadlines, meetings, and many more. And in the present days, people feel suffocated doing all this regularly.
2. People think that 9 to 5 jobs are a type of modern slavery which is also true. As it restricts all the freedom and takes all your time doing work for others.
3. It takes a toll on your health in the long run. You have to sit for hours continuously on a chair and our body is not designed to sit all day with bad posture and without any movement.
4. It restricts mobility as people have minimal leave to take for holidays. Most day jobs are also restricted to a single country and employees aren’t allowed to work remotely overseas.
5. Your power of creativity and imagination diminishes. Let’s be real, most 9 to 5 jobs give only limited opportunities to be creative and explore. You have that routine timetable to follow repeatedly each day for years.
Is it a good idea to quit a 9 to 5 job?
As said, no job is good or bad. And switching paths in terms of professional life is risky as well as challenging. There are people who are passionate yet love their regular day jobs. It’s just about which job suits you better and you love doing it.
Nowadays, landing a regular job is like winning at life. No doubt there are risks in every field. So, keep experimenting and exploring and try to stick to something that suits you better and the one which you can do in the long run.
What if not a 9 to 5 job?
So, if you have decided you don’t fit well into 9 to 5 jobs and you have to escape from regular desk jobs, keep in mind it’s not easy to survive.
But yes, there are many opportunities which regular jobs lack like flexible timings, opportunities, upskilling your passion and hobbies, traveling, etc. Also, more importantly, if you make the effort, you can earn as much or even more than regular jobs.
Freelancing offers independence but initially requires a lot of hard work and dedication. Stepping into the freelancing world is a personal choice. There are tons of services that you can offer like content writing, copywriting, social media marketing, graphic designing, scriptwriting. In this you decide your time limits, working hours, workplace, charges, clients – everything.
YouTube is the future. It is also as demanding as every other profession and requires a lot of hard work, dedication, and, most importantly, patience. Initially, it will seem hard but after a while when the channel is monetized you may earn huge revenue. But, the prime requirement in this is consistency and patience.
The craze of social media is rising day by day tremendously and doubtless, social networking is important. There are many opportunities in this field most prominently it includes being an influencer, social media manager, virtual assistant, social media marketing manager, content manager, digital marketing manager, brand manager, advocate, and so on. Social media is all about building your personal brand and growing your network. And you may earn a large amount of revenue.
Something in which your interest lies
Life is too short to not follow our passions. So follow your passion and hobbies, see where your interest lies and find out how you can get on that path. Seek knowledge and focus on how to take the passion to a professional level and earn money doing what you love.
Questions you need to ask before you leave your 9 to 5 job.
Here are a number of questions to ask yourself to really make sure that you’re ready to leave your desk job:
1. Do I have enough skills through which I can earn and survive in the long run?
2. Do I have a strong, realistic plan before starting?
3. Do I have enough savings to cover some months’ expenses, when income is low?
4. Do I have the support of my family, friends, and relatives?
5. Will this passion pay me enough in the future?
6. Do I have that much time to start from zero and build everything up from scratch?
Once you have an answer to each of these questions,
More From LWOS Life
Make sure to stay tuned to LWOS Life for more on this and other stories from around the world of entertainment, culture and more, as they develop. You can always count on LWOS Life to be on top of the major news in the world of entertainment; whilst also providing you with editorials on everything from beer to movie reviews.
Featured image credit
Embed from Getty Images