How to Lose Weight While Still Eating Your Fav Foods

Yes, you read that right, and no, I’m not kidding. You can definitely lose weight while still enjoying all your favorite foods.

A lot of you reading this, like myself, probably set weight-loss New Year’s goals for 2022. Despite what most people on the internet say, you don’t have to be on a fancy diet to lose those Christmas pounds! In fact, some studies have found that cutting out food groups is actually the worst thing you can do to lose weight.

Personally, I still enjoy my curries and chocolate but managed to lose about 10 pounds in 2021. The key here is moderation and mindfulness, not deprivation or starvation. With that said, here are some easy tips to lose that Christmas weight:

Move your body

It has to be said right off the bat that while you don’t need to go on 2-mile runs, you still need to move your body. Movement is essential not only for physical health but your mental health as well.

A 20-30 walk a day should suffice to get your metabolism a bit more active. Or even a 5-10 minute dance session! Whichever tickles your fancy, just don’t sit on the couch or at the desk all day, every day!

Control your portions

Personally, “portion control” is a much less negative term compared to “calorie counting”, but they’re essentially the same thing. They both require a sense of awareness of what you’re putting into your body and how much. You don’t need two portions of curry, and you definitely don’t need another bowlful of potato chips. It’s still possible to enjoy the foods you love; just make sure you eat an appropriate amount!

Use an app like Lose It! or Under Armour’s MyFitnessPal and log your regular meals for a week. You’ll be able to save your favorite home-cooked meals as “recipes” for ease. So, rather than continuously logging seven separate things for your favorite pasta dish, just keep it all into one recipe and log that recipe instead!

Try the 80/20 method

This means that you eat healthily for 80% of your food intake and enjoy treats for the other 20%. By “relatively”, I mean real foods in your meals rather than the fast food stuff — let’s just count those as “treats”.

So, don’t feel guilty about enjoying your favorite goodies. Just make sure you don’t eat too much compared to proper foods!

Don’t expect a quick turnaround

The biggest lie of the weight-loss world is that you can “lose weight quickly”. While you definitely can, it isn’t the healthy way to do it. If you go on a diet, especially a restrictive one, you could quite as easily gain all your weight back.

To use an oft said cliché, Rome wasn’t built in a day, and you won’t reach your weight goals in a day either! Instead, take your time and be realistic. Keep striving, and you’ll achieve your goals for sure.

More From LWOS Life

Make sure to stay tuned to LWOS Life for more on this and other stories from around the world of entertainment, culture and more, as they develop. You can always count on LWOS Life to be on top of the major news in the world of entertainment; whilst also providing you with editorials on everything from beer to movie reviews.

Featured Image Credit

Embed from Getty Images

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.