Some years ago supermodel Gigi Hadid made an Instagram of herself cooking spicy vodka pasta. Below is the recipe and rating Gigi Hadid’s pasta. This is a slight spin on traditional vodka sauce. It has more of a kick. If you’ve not used vodka sauce before then Gigi Hadid’s Pasta is a great place to start. This recipe is also vegetarian, but not vegan.
Gigi Hadid’s Pasta Recipe
This is full of fat and full of calories. And therefore it is full of flavor.
-1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
-Diced half Red Onion
-Three Garlic Cloves
-2 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
-3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
-1 Tablespoon Butter
-1 Tablespoon Chili Flakes
-1 Teaspoon Basil
-1 Tablespoon Vodka
-1 Cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese (Grate)
-Salt & Pepper
-Pasta Noodles: Recommended: Farfalle, Rotini, Penne, or Rigatoni
1. Start by boiling your noodles. Ensure your water is salted.
2. Heat a pan. Add olive oil. Once hot add onions and garlic until fragrant.
3. Add your tomato paste. Stir.
4. Add heavy cream. Stir and Cook. Keep the heat low to medium to ensure the cream does not burn.
5. Add your spices: Chili Flakes, Basil, Salt & Pepper. Here I always encourage people to add spices to their needs. The exact number is less important than your preferences.
6. Add grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese. Stir this in. Do not use Parmesan cheese that comes out of a plastic bottle. Use real cheese otherwise this dish will not work.
7. Add Butter and Vodka and stir.
8. Add a half cup of pasta noodle water.
9. Add your pasta noodles to the pan and stir.
10. Plate! Feel free to add more Parmigiano Reggiano, basil, Salt & Pepper here.
It should look and smell amazing by this point.
Rating Gigi Hadid’s Pasta
Cooking delicious pasta is simple. It truly is. But the recipe has no subtly. It stacks multiple layers of fat: Oil, Cheese, Heavy Cream, and butter. Yes, this is packed with flavor. However, it likely has more fat and calories than a Big Mac.
Compare this to other more traditional Italian pasta recipes. Carbonara, for example, only has fat sources of some cheese and egg yolks. Pesto only has one fat source which is cheese. True and traditional Italian pasta is simple and subtle. They use fewer ingredients but each ingredient is delicious.
Gigi Hadid’s Pasta you will feel tired and groggy after. Tastes pretty good, but you can do more with less with Pesto or Carbonara, for example. This dish will not make you feel well.
More From LWOS Life
Make sure to stay tuned to LWOS Life for more on this and other stories from around the world of entertainment, culture and more, as they develop. You can always count on LWOS Life to be on top of the major news in the world of entertainment; whilst also providing you with editorials on everything from beer to movie reviews.
Featured Image Credit